Salah declares himself fit and ready for world cup


Mohamed Salah says he will be “ready to play against Uruguay”, with the Liverpool forward having shaken off a shoulder injury to go chasing “the Egyptian dream”.

As the 25-year-old made his way from the field in tears during a Champions League final clash with Real Madrid, it appeared as though his World Cup ambitions had been crushed.

Salah has admitted as much, with a now infamous tussle with Blancos skipper Sergio Ramos having left him sweating on a role at Egypt’s first outing on a global stage in 28 years.

Speaking to Egyptian president Abdel Fattah el-Sisi before jetting off to Russia, Salah said: "I promise you I will do my best to be ready for the World Cup and to achieve the Egyptian dream. I feel much better now and I'll be ready to play against Uruguay. I will never give up on our dream, I promise to do my best for our people."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OOU undergraduate, girlfriend murdered in Ogun

Finally, Buhari to sign 2018 budget on Wednesday

Command arrests labourer for defiling five-year-old girl